Wednesday, June 07, 2006

phildar sweater

I haven’t given up on blogging yet. I’ve been working on this stupid fundraiser at work non-stop, and last night I started a graphic design class. So no time for crafting, much less blogging. Today, however, I had the foresight to wear a sweater I made to work so I could get a someone to take a picture of me wearing it.
It’s from the Phildar Automne 2005 catalogue n° 436. It is the only sweater I’ve ever completed, and in fact it’s one of the first things I ever made. When I started, I’d only knit three scarves, one kittyville hat from snb, and a tiny mitten. I didn’t know anything about gauge or the differences between euro and American needle sizes, so I knitted it on n°5 needles when in fact it required size 8s. Ever since, my knitting has been super loose and I always have to go down a size or two to get gauge. It took me about 5 weeks total knitting, but several months to put it together because I was afraid of blocking (the yarn is mostly acrylic).
here is what it's supposed to look like.

here is what it looks like on me. The picture's not very good, and I definitely should have tucked in my white shirt--however it is actually a very nice sweater and my boss complimented me on it before she knew that I made it myself. My row gauge must have been way off, but the overall effect is a boxiness that I really like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home