Sunday, June 04, 2006

Past finished objects

I'm going to set up a gallery of all my FOs later, but in the meantime, here is a picture of a sweater I knit for my cousin Lily. It's the "ribbon-edged cardigan" from Debbie Bliss's Special Knits, in DB baby cashmerino. The buttons are tiny rabbits from MJ Trim (the camera wasn't good enough for a close-up, sorry). I omitted the ribbon since Lily is so small, I thought it might irritate her skin. She's 10 days old in this picture!



also, here is my first-ever sewing project, I made it last Saturday (the same day I learned to use the sewing machine). It's a sewing machine cover in a Kaffe Fassett print, "paperweights," from Brooklyn General. If you're ever in the neighborhood, you must stop by. It's one of the most delicious shops I've ever been in, and the owner is very nice and helpful. Not bad for my first project, eh? It's even got piping.

also pictured is Milo, who likes sewing as much as I do.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first ever comment on a blog site -- but I want to say that I love your title "Loisirs de L'oiseau"! And also the hearts design project - very witty and minimalist. Robert and I are looking forward to seeing lots more!

10:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home