Tuesday, June 20, 2006

must. blog. today.

So many exciting things (well, 2) have happened, I've been itching to post but I haven't had a free minute until now. In fact I still don't have much time, but I don't want to keep neglecting my blog! Would love to post some more pictures, but that will have to come later.

1. Renegade Craft fair! It was in Williamsburg this weekend and it was amazing. So overwhelming, so inspiring, so hot. I saw Vickie Howell at the Austin Craft Mafia booth and Heidi from My Paper Crane (of course, too shy to say anything). I had seen the websites of a lot of the other vendors, but those were the only two people I recognized by face (not site/business name). There was so much there, t-shirts and prints and yarn and plushies and jewelry and bags and I was too hot to remember half of what I saw. I only bought prints (see "goals" post under "fab apartment"). I bought "Tug of War" from strawberryluna and two prints from Jason Cantoro of Sérigraphie Cinqunquatre (based in Montreal).

2. NEW YORK CITY CRAFT MAFIA!!!! This is the really exciting news. Right after I started this blog I found out about the newly-formed NYCCM through Joi. I immediately joined the Yahoo group. The first NYCCM meeting was scheduled for Sunday night after Renegade, and although I was apprehensive about wandering into Enid's and trying to find the craftiest looking people there, I went. I didn't see Elkie and Veronica's sign when I walked in, so I sat at the bar until I recognized Joi from her blog--after that it was smooth sailing. Everyone was delightful, I had such a good time. Sarah and her adorable baby Gavin came soon after, and Erika came as soon as she was done taking down her booth at Renegade.

I have to admit that my motivation for joining the NYCCM was to find crafting buddies more than anything, but now I'm really motivated to sell stuff. We might get a space at a fair in July! I also have to update my sidebar to reflect this new direction in my crafting life, but that too must wait until I have more time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stereoette said...

whoo! i feel the same way about selling stuff. i'm dreaming up prototypes for the fair as we speak and laying the foundation for an etsy or ecrater shop...

see you next week at the meeting!

9:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home