Friday, June 02, 2006

finished!

Last night I finished blocking some socks I made for a friend of my mother's. They're made of Cherry Tree Hill supersock in some colorway (I think Dusk, but I lost the label) in a simple k2 p1 pattern with a slipstitch heel.
I also made this pouch last night. I got the pattern template at Small Hands. I didn't really understand the construction until I put it together, and so my proportions were way off. It's much taller, yet squatter than I envisioned. However, I did a good job on the zipper and lining! I've put in zippers before (I'll show later) but never a lining. I'm sending the socks to Marilyn inside the pouch because she encouraged me to start using my sewing machine and even bought me a subscription to W magazine for motivation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home